Research @ CLOUDS Lab
Manjrasoft is charged with commercializing Cloud computing software technologies developed by the Cloud Computing and Distributed Systems (CLOUDS) Laboratory at the University of Melbourne, Australia. Manjrasoft is backed by a strong and experienced research team at the CLOUDS Lab.
The Cloud Computing and Distributed Systems (CLOUDS) Laboratory, formerly GRIDS Lab, is a software research and development group within the School of Computing and Information Systems at the University of Melbourne, Australia. The CLOUDS Lab is actively engaged in the design and development of next-generation computing systems and applications that aggregate or lease services of distributed resources depending on their availability, capability, performance, cost , and users' quality-of-service requirements. The lab is realising this vision through its flagship projects: Gridbus and Cloudbus.
Cloudbus (CLOUD computing and BUSiness) is a new Melbourne's initiative in Cloud Computing for conducting fundamental research on the design and development of different market-oriented Cloud platforms for a range of eBusiness and eScience applications.
CLOUDS Lab research and innovation sponsors (past/current) include: Australian Research Council (ARC), Department of Innovation, Industry, Science and Research (DIISR), Storage Technology Corporation, Sun Microsystems, IBM, Singapore Computer Systems, Microsoft, and Computer Associates. For more details on background research can be found at CLOUDS Lab website.
- Latest Book: Mastering Cloud Computing ( published by McGraw Hill in 2013, China Machine Press in 2015, and Elsevier/Morgan Kaufmann in 2013 for Indian, Chinese and international markets respectively.)
- Rajinder Sandhu, Adel Nadjaran Toosi, and Rajkumar Buyya, An API for Development of User-Defined Scheduling Algorithms in Aneka PaaS Cloud Software: User Defined Schedulers in Aneka PaaS Cloud Software, Handbook of Research on Cloud Computing and Big Data Applications in IoT, B. Gupta and D. Agrawal (eds), 170-187pp, ISBN-13: 978-1522584070, IGI Global, USA, 2019.
- Adel Nadjaran Toosi, Richard Sinnott, and Rajkumar Buyya, Resource Provisioning for Data-intensive Applications with Deadline Constraints on Hybrid Clouds using Aneka, Future Generation Computer Systems, Volume 79, No. 2, Pages: 765-775, ISSN: 0167-739X, Elsevier Press, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, February 2018.
- Adel Nadjaran Toosi and Rajkumar Buyya, Virtual Networking with Azure for hybrid Cloud Computing in Aneka, Research Advances in Cloud Computing, S. Chaudhary, G. Somani, and R. Buyya (eds), ISBN: 978-981-10-5026-8, Springer, Singapore, December 2017.
- Rajkumar Buyya and Diana Barreto, Multi-Cloud Resource Provisioning with Aneka: A Unified and Integrated Utilisation of Microsoft Azure and Amazon EC2 Instances, Proceedings of the 2015 International Conference on Computing and Network Communications (CoCoNet 2015, IEEE Press, USA), Trivandrum, India, December 16-19, 2015. - Invited Paper.
- Tiago Justino and Rajkumar Buyya, Outsourcing Resource-Intensive Tasks from Mobile Apps to Clouds: Android and Aneka Integration, Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Cloud Computing for Emerging Markets (CCEM 2014, IEEE Press, USA), Bengalore, India, October 15-17, 2014.
- Rodrigo N. Calheiros, Christian Vecchiola, Dileban Karunamoorthy, and Rajkumar Buyya, The Aneka Platform and QoS-Driven Resource Provisioning for Elastic Applications on Hybrid Clouds, Future Generation Computer Systems, Volume 28, No. 6, Pages: 861-870, ISSN: 0167-739X, Elsevier Science, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, June 2012.
- Christian Vecchiola, Rodrigo N. Calheiros, Dileban Karunamoorthy, and Rajkumar Buyya, Deadline-Driven Provisioning of Resources for Scientific Applications in Hybrid Clouds with Aneka, Future Generation Computer Systems, Volume 28, No. 1, Pages: 58-65, ISSN: 0167-739X, Elsevier Science, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, January 2012.
- Cloud Computing: Principles and Paradigms (Wiley, USA, Feb 2011).
- Rajkumar Buyya and Karthik Sukumar, Platforms for Building and Deploying Applications for Cloud Computing, CSI Communications, Vol.35, No. 1, Pages: 6-11, ISSN 0970-647X, Computer Society of India (CSI), Mumbai, India, May 2011.
- Yi Wei, Karthik Sukumar, Christian Vecchiola, Dileban Karunamoorthy and Rajkumar Buyya, Aneka Cloud Application Platform and Its Integration with Windows Azure, Cloud Computing: Methodology, Systems, and Applications, L. Wang, R. Ranjan, J. Chen, and B. Benatallah (eds), ISBN: 9781439856413, CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, USA, October 2011.
- Christian Vecchiola, Xingchen Chu, Michael Mattess, and Rajkumar Buyya, Aneka - Integration of Private and Public Clouds, Cloud Computing: Principles and Paradigms, 249-274pp, R. Buyya, J. Broberg, A.Goscinski (eds), ISBN-13: 978-0470887998, Wiley Press, New York, USA, February 2011.
- Karthik Sukumar, Christian Vecchiola, and Rajkumar Buyya, The Structure of the New IT Frontier: Aneka Platform for Elastic Cloud Computing Applications, Strategic Facilities Magazine, Issue 11, Pacific & Strategic Holdings Pte Ltd, Singapore, 2010.
- Chee Shin Yeo, Srikumar Venugopal, Xingchen Chu, Rajkumar Buyya, Autonomic Metered Pricing for a Utility Computing Service, Future Generation Computer Systems, Volume 26, Number 8, Pages: 1368-1380, ISSN: 0167-739X, Elsevier Science, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, October 2010.
- Rajkumar Buyya, Suraj Pandey, and Christian Vecchiola, Cloudbus Toolkit for Market-Oriented Cloud Computing, Proceeding of the 1st International Conference on Cloud Computing (CloudCom 2009, Springer, Germany), Beijing, China, December 1-4, 2009. - Keynote Paper.
- Christian Vecchiola, Suraj Pandey, and Rajkumar Buyya, High-Performance Cloud Computing: A View of Scientific Applications, Proceedings of the 10th International Symposium on Pervasive Systems, Algorithms
and Networks (I-SPAN 2009, IEEE CS Press, USA), Kaohsiung, Taiwan, December 14-16, 2009. - Keynote Paper.
- Rajkumar Buyya, Chee Shin Yeo, Srikumar Venugopal, James Broberg, and Ivona Brandic, Cloud Computing and Emerging IT Platforms: Vision, Hype, and Reality for Delivering Computing as the 5th Utility, Future Generation Computer Systems, Volume 25, Number 6, Pages: 599-616, ISSN: 0167-739X, Elsevier Science, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, June 2009.
- Christian Vecchiola, Xingchen Chu, and Rajkumar Buyya, Aneka: A Software Platform for .NET-based Cloud Computing, High Speed and Large Scale Scientific Computing, 267-295pp, W. Gentzsch, L. Grandinetti, G. Joubert (Eds.), ISBN: 978-1-60750-073-5, IOS Press, Amsterdam, Netherlands, 2009.
- Rajiv Ranjan and Rajkumar Buyya, Decentralized Overlay for Federation of Enterprise Clouds, Handbook of Research on Scalable Computing Technologies, K.C. Li, C. H. Hsu, L. T. Yang, J. Dongarra, and H. Zima, ISBN: 978-1-60566-661-7, IGI Global, Hershey, PA, USA, July 2009.
- Chao Jin and Rajkumar Buyya, MapReduce Programming Model for .NET-based Cloud Computing,
Proceedings of the 15th International European Parallel Computing Conference (EuroPar 2009, LNCS, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Germany), Delft, The Netherlands, Aug. 25-28, 2009.
- Chao Jin, Jayavardhana Gubbi, Rajkumar Buyya, and Marimuthu Palaniswami, Jeeva: Enterprise Grid-enabled Web Portal for Protein Secondary Structure Prediction, Proceedings of the 16th nternational Conference on Advanced Computing and Communication (ADCOM 2008, IEEE Press, New York, USA), Dec. 14-17, 2008, Chennai, India.
- Srikumar Venugopal, Xingchen Chu, and Rajkumar Buyya, A Negotiation Mechanism for Advance Resource Reservation using the Alternate Offers Protocol, Proceedings of the 16th International Workshop on Quality of Service (IWQoS 2008, IEEE Communications Society Press, New York, USA), June 2-4, 2008, Twente, The Netherlands.
- Rajkumar Buyya, Chee Shin Yeo, and Srikumar Venugopal, Market-Oriented Cloud Computing: Vision, Hype, and Reality for Delivering IT Services as Computing Utilities, Keynote Paper, Proceedings of the 10th IEEE International Conference on High Performance Computing and Communications (HPCC 2008, IEEE CS Press, Los Alamitos, CA, USA), Sept. 25-27, 2008, Dalian, China.
- Xingchen Chu, Krishna Nadiminti, Chao Jin, Srikumar Venugopal, and Rajkumar Buyya, Aneka: Next-Generation Enterprise Grid Platform for e-Science and e-Business Applications, Proceedings of the 3rd IEEE International Conference on e-Science and Grid Computing (e-Science 2007, IEEE CS Press, Los Alamitos, CA, USA), Dec. 10-13, 2007, Bangalore, India.
More Publications can be found at the CLOUDS Lab...
Aneka Application Papers - External Researchers
- Raghavendra Kune, Ankit Chaudhri, Pramod Kumar Konugurthi, Geeta Varadan, High Performance Private Cloud for Satellite Data Processing - Engineering in Cloud, Proceedings of the First International Conference on Advances in Cloud Computing (ACC 2012), Bangalore, India, 2012.
- Xiangqiang Xu and Xinghui Zhao, A Framework for Privacy-Aware Computing on Hybrid Clouds with Mixed-Sensitivity Data, Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Big Data Security on Cloud (BigDataSecurity 2015), New York, USA, 2015.
- Masters Project thesis using Aneka from Washington State University. Please access http://dsr.encs.vancouver.wsu.edu/Graduate_files/Thesis_Xiangqiang.pdf
- P. Jhansi Rani, G.K. Srikanth, Puppala Priyanka, Parameter Sweeping Programming Model in Aneka on Data Mining Applications, International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, Volume 4, Issue 4, April 2014.
- S. Naisha Sultana, Gandikota Ramu and B. Eswara Reddy, Cloud-Based Development of Smart and Connected Data in Healthcare Application, International Journal of Distributed and Parallel Systems (IJDPS) Vol.5, No.6, November 2014.
- Jiantao Zhou, Chaoxin Sun, Weina Fu, Jing Liu, Lei Jia, and Hongyan Tan, Modeling, Design, and Implementation of a Cloud Workflow Engine Based on Aneka, Journal of Applied Mathematics, 2014.
- Sukhpal Singh, Inderveer Chana and Rajkumar Buyya, IoT Based Agriculture as a Cloud and Big Data Service: The Beginning of Digital India, Journal of Organizational and End User Computing, Volume 29, No. 4, Pages: 1-23, ISSN: 1546-2234, IGI Global, Hershey, PA, USA, October-December 2017.
- Neha Garg, Damanpreet Singh, Major Singh Goraya. Energy and resource efficient workflow scheduling in a virtualized cloud environment. Cluster Computing, Volume 24, 767–797 (2021).
- Ahmad Taghinezhad-Niar, Saeid Pashazadeh, and Javid Taheri. Workflow scheduling of scientific workflows under simultaneous deadline and budget constraints. Cluster Computing (2021)
Aneka Application Papers - Melbourne-based Researchers